Thursday, January 6, 2011

What's pissing me off today

This could be a weekly feature, since I get pissed off nearly every day.

Today it's rigatoni and cupcakes.

First, the rigatoni.

Now, I'm part Italian, and had pasta and tomato sauce very Sunday growing up, and usually it was rigatoni and ground beef (meat sauce we called it. You probably know it as Bolagnese.) It was and still is my favorite meal. I asked Mrs. C to buy some at the store. She came back with something that the box said was rigatoni, but the contents were ziti with lines, usually called ziti rigati. Totally different. Bastages. How could they try to pass this off as rigatoni?

About the cupcakes. TastyKake is a regional bakery out of Philly. Usually, I don't trust people from Philly, but I grew up with Tastycake, so they get some slack. Anyway, the chocolte cupcakes are awesome. So, Mrs. C bought me some today and they were terrible.
The cakes were the usual soft delicious chocolate selves, but the icing--bleh.
In the past the icing was thick and fudgey. Now it is wafer thin and tastes stale. They weren't out of date (it's not the 22nd yet) and just crappy.

I'll be sending them a letter explaining that they have a disgruntled customer rather than the one who was previously errrr..... gruntled.




http://www.humorbloggers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment