Thursday, January 27, 2011

Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer


Hi Loves,

I bought this concealer a few weeks ago, during an evening browsing of the local Rexall (Canadian Drug Store). These browsings happen a few times a week. Jason says I spend more money at Rexall than anyone in  history. None the less, he knows it is for research so never faults me for it, he just pokes fun.

I spotted these tiny pots which resembled their larger relatives (Dream Mousse Foundation), which I had tried in the past and enjoyed, however not enough to buy it again really. Not that I "disliked' it by any means, it simply was not a WOW product that I felt the need to restock in my kit.


These concealers however are a different story. I am in LOVE with them! Looking at the consistency in the pot, it seems like it will be the driest product you ever swatch onto your skin. However, the whipped silicone based consistency blends smooth into a lightweight fantastic coverage which blew my hair back.


I can't promise to know how this would behave on extremely dry skin, however, the skin under the eye has less moisture than anywhere else on the face and should be moisturized twice if not three times as much as the rest of your face on a daily basis. My skin in this area is somewhat dry, and this goes on like a dream. I have also used it on extremely moisturized skin (still slathered and greasy with moisturizer) and it behaved in the same manner.

I have used this on models, brides as well as myself the past few weeks. It works great for photography, and has great endurance. I have personally being using mine, simply to cover the darkness ONLY around my eyes and wear nothing else. I have been adding mascara and gloss and out the door.  I have dark pigment all around my eyes as you will see in the photo. I smear this amount on and blend it all around my eye.


It comes in five fantastic shades which I think should work for pretty much every skin tone. Try it out and let me know how it works for you :) Or, if you have already tried it, what do you think of it?


For the price, this certainly gets my vote. Readily available, high coverage....fantastic!

Dana <3

Randomness:
  • This is great for muting out freckles
  • I am obsessed with the Vampire Diaries and feel like a teenage girl.
  • I just ate a doughnut & it was really dry....ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment